"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

To Tell of His Grace

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Serve Day

We went out on Saturday with our Community Group and BBQ'd with the homeless. We had a really great time! We are trying to stretch ourselves more and live more like Jesus. So often we just get stuck in our "comfort zones" and we don't step outside and love all others like He calls us to. One verse that has really convicted Brodie and I and caused us to make sure that we are really trying to love others with His love is
Luke 6:31-36:


31 Do to others as you would have them do to you. 32 If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

We are so guilty of this! This has been a beautiful season of asking the Lord to search our hearts and show us the ways in which we need to grow in Him and surrender fully to Him. We don't want to hold on to our ways and miss His. This means stepping outside of our comfort zones and doing what He wants us to do rather than what is easy and comfortable. Brodie is so much better at this than I am...I am so glad that he is so action-oriented. For me right now, I am just obeying and asking God to fill me as I do  :)  And of course every time He does!!! I confess, I was a bit unsure about bringing the kids...I didn't know what neighborhood we'd be in, etc. But they were fine...they just jumped right in with serving plates up, picking up trash 
and of course eating all the great food!



No comments:

Post a Comment