"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

To Tell of His Grace

Friday, April 24, 2015

A Big Day

Brodie leads FCA at the boys' school and they meet early Friday mornings :). So on Fridays, Brodie drops Sis off at school then heads straight to FCA with the boys...so that leaves just Kaylee and I here for breakfast. Mornings are not Kaylee's favorite time of day ;) She is usually upset that everyone is getting ready to leave and she REALLY doesn't want to eat. So we get creative with putting fun shows on to distract her and as she watches something, we sneak bites in ;). 

Well last Friday as everyone headed out the door at once, she was watching one of her favorite shows and before I could grab my tea and sit down next to her I noticed her pick up her pancake and take a bite...all on her own with no prompting! I encouraged her a little but have learned not to make too big of a deal about ~ the feeding therapist taught us to encourage her but also to act like its normal and what is expected of her. Before I knew it, another bite was in her mouth...then another! 
Without prompting she ate about 1/4 of her breakfast :))). I had to help her with the rest but it was surely a step in the right direction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment