"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

To Tell of His Grace

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Super-Star Big Kids

Our big kids amaze me every day! They are the BEST siblings to sweet Kaylee :)  She is really adjusting SO VERY WELL overall; but there are still many times where she has such a hard time. Brodie and I are continually humbled by their patience, unconditional love and gentleness. No matter how rough it gets around here, by God's grace alone, they stay unfazed! They roll with her super high ups and her super low downs...and they have never once complained! They totally get that she came from 2 1/2 years of hard and they are willing to do whatever it takes to help her to heal. I love watching Jesus' love flow through them!!!

So today (after a particularly rough morning with Kaylee where all 3 worked really hard to help me teach her that it is not ok to hit or pull hair and we need to be gentle), I came out after I got Kaylee down for a nap and told them how proud of them I am (for the 1000th time ;)


And then I told them that since they've worked so hard all summer to help me and sacrificially love Kaylee that I would like to take them "shopping" ~ online that is, since we couldn't leave at the time ;)


They had fun...their first time shopping online ;)  Sis got a new shirt and the boys got a new airsoft gun with a target :)  And I enjoyed special time with our SUPER-STAR big kids ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment