"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

To Tell of His Grace

Monday, May 26, 2014

Girls/Boys Weekend

We had the BEST of weekends :)

We started off with the guys heading up to the mountains for a Father/Son Retreat at the lake....so us girls made it a Girls Night! We went out to dinner, got our toes painted and enjoyed some yummy yogurt ;)


 This was Kaylee's first time getting her toes painted professionally ~ usually her daddy is the one who paints her sweet little toes
(because he is WAY better at it than Sissy and I are ;)
 She started off on my lap.....
but soon ventured over into her own chair in between Sis and I :)
Sissy and I chose a teal blue color and Kaylee Grace chose purple with sparkles ;)
 This is what I saw as I looked over after paying ~ Kaylee giving Sis a pedicure :)
 Yogurt time!
I LOVE these girls so much!!!! It was such a treat to have sweet time with just the 3 of us girls :)

We had SUCH a fun night....we had a sleepover in Mom and Dad's room, then woke up and packed our stuff to head up to the cabin! 

The boys had a GREAT Father/Son Retreat :)  They ate great food, fished, hiked, did devotionals, watched a movie and had some great quality time!
Here they are hiking the Falls ~ Keeg and Kols say this was their FAVORITE part of the weekend. They said they liked it because it was SO dangerous.....they told me, "Mom, you would have Nnnnnnever let us hike that if you were with us!" I said, "Well, that's what brave dads are for - taking their sons on things that us moms would worry WAY too much about :)"

They said that their favorite devotional was when they learned about a man who sacrificed a lot to help the Jewish people hide and escape during Hitler's reign. What stood out to them is how sometimes as Christians we are called to give up a lot in order to lead others to Christ.

Boys, you are blessed beyond what you'll ever know to have such an awesome daddy who loves you so much :)




No comments:

Post a Comment