"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

To Tell of His Grace

Monday, April 22, 2013

One Month Home

Yesterday marked one month since we have been home! We are adjusting to our new normal and loving watching this sweet girl blossom! We are so thankful for our church family providing meals for us! It has allowed our afternoons to be more focused on the big kids ~ playing with them and helping with HW. We've enjoyed the slowness of this season...lots of outdoor kick ball games and movie nights ;) Kaylee is really coming along! She has started speech therapy where we are working on helping to grow her vocabulary and understanding of what things are...as well as learning some basic signs so she can communicate. She's doing great and picking up so quickly on sign language! Right now as I type this, she is taking a nap in her bed (that is pushed up against our bed in our room). We will eventually transition her to this bed at night time and eventually she will move out of our room ~ Sissy has said that she'd like to share a room with her, so we may try that! I'm thinking she will need to share for a while until she really learns to trust and feel safe.

Sleeping on her bed! She took a 3 hour nap!!!!! She wakes up every 45 minutes or so and if she sees me sitting there, she goes right back to sleep ;)  I try to stay in our room with her when she naps so that when she wakes up here and there she will go right back to sleep. This is when I do my Bible time and read :) She normally takes a 2 hour nap


Brodie and I were reflecting yesterday about how far we've come this last month being home. I get a knot in my throat every time I think back to her village and her orphanage. It reminds me every time of the ENORMITY of our God and the DEPTH of His Love...we can't even begin to skim the surface of knowing His All-Powerful Love.

Over and over I reflect on this unfathomable Love...

this Love that sent His Son to die...

this Love that has washed my sins away all because I trust in Him...

this Love that leads and guides me so mercifully everyday. 

Love that would call our family to adopt and say, "Will you love this one for Me?" 

Love that fills me with all that I need every minute of every day... when I feel like I'm not enough, He says, "It's ok...I am More Than Enough!"  

When I start to worry..."why won't she eat solid foods?", "why isn't she talking yet?", "what if she doesn't start to grow soon?" He presses again on my heart, "All I have asked you to do is love her with My Love" and He reminds me that we will see His Glory through the life of this little girl. 

"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
His greatness no one can fathom.
One generation will commend Your works to another;
they will tell of Your mighty acts.
They will speak of the glorious splendor of Your majesty;
and I will meditate on Your wonderful works.
They will tell of the power of Your awesome works,
and I will proclaim Your great deeds.
The will celebrate Your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of Your Righteousness."
Psalm 145: 3-7

We needed to make a quick Costco run last night for school lunches this week :)

Stopped at Panera Bread for a quick bite on our way

1 comment: