"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

To Tell of His Grace

Monday, May 6, 2013

Surgery Tomorrow (Tuesday)

Kaylee has her hand surgery tomorrow morning ~ we'd SO appreciate your prayers!

We had to cut her nails tonight before bed - poor thing! She just hates it! She will have casts on for a while so we didn't want to take them off and have her have claws! She did a little better this time :)
I snapped this picture at nap time today ~  the way that God made her hands. He knit her perfectly in her mother's womb. I'm not sure why He gave her extra thumbs...but I know for sure He did it on purpose....it's all a part of His plan and He makes everything work for the good of those who love Him ~ for His Glory! Sometimes I would wonder if we should even remove the extra thumbs...but the surgeon made it clear that it is necessary. And really, we know when she is older that she would want them off anyway. But still, it is such a part of her...a part of the way He made her.

Look who got Kaylee to sleep the other night!
Thank you for praying for our sweet girl!

Dear Jesus, thank You for the way You perfectly knit Kaylee. Thank You for a great surgeon that knows and loves You. Thank You that You will guide his hands and cover Kaylee. Lord, I pray that You will help Kaylee to bond even more with us after this surgery ~ that she will recognize that we love and care for her and that she will feel safe...that she will know that she is our sweet girl and we are her parents forever. Help her to recover well (and to take her pain medicine from us without a fight). Thank You that You hold her always!

No comments:

Post a Comment