"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

To Tell of His Grace

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The JOY of the Lord is our Strength

We have had a rough week around here...just all a part of the Lord healing Kaylee...and healing us in the process. In her times of struggle, we are faced with our own weakness ~ and His Strength is made perfect in our weakness. O how thankful I am that HE alone is our strength. And that He sends His faithful servants to minister to those who are in need. I was certainly one of those in need this week...and He sent my Mom :)  What would we do without her peaceful and gentle heart coming to the rescue over and over :)  And He strengthened Brodie to still be able to see His Hand even in the hard times and gently help point out His Goodness to me. And He sent my sister who's always there for me. And He sent friends...friends who brought dinner unexpectedly, came to my house to pray over us, texted me to see how they could pray, dropped off our favorite Trader Joes foods without me even asking :) God is good. And He is faithful. Always Faithful. This is how He reminds us that He will never leave us and never forsake us...by sending others with His Love. And best of all, Jesus sent us some of these moments....



The JOY of the Lord is your strength, Kaylee Grace!

The first picture is my screen saver right now. I had a family picture and one day Keeg was playing on my phone and changed it. I asked, "Who changed my screensaver!" He said he did. "Keep it mom" he pleaded. So I did...and I'm glad I did. I've needed it in the tougher moments this week...in the moments of her pain and anger when I start to feel like it will be this way forever. Then I slide open my phone and there it is - my reminder of ALL that HE has already done, and the reminder of the promise of ALL that HE WILL DO!

These struggles and pain come as no surprise to us...and certainly no surprise to Jesus. He is in the pain. He asks us to enter into the hard places, into the pain, into the darkness so that He can snatch His precious ones out. We knew what we were getting into and we are honored to join the Lord in this way...but we're human and we slip. Like when Peter was walking on water and he took his eyes off Jesus and sank. Without our eyes on Jesus we will sink every time. The truth is that each one of us would enter into the hard places 100 times over for this sweet girl! 

Tonight as we prayed together as a family, I was mindful to thank Him for our 3 big kids....they are the reason for so much of her joy. I know that before God created the world He looked ahead and chose to place Kaylee Grace in our family because He knew that these 3 big kids would be the perfect vessels for His Healing to flow through! When they get home she lights up! I am looking forward to having them ALL home ALL day long in a few weeks!!!

Prayer: That Kaylee will get the sleep her body needs at night so that she can have better days. That I will have the patience I need all through the night and each day to love her with Christ's Love. For the joy of the Lord to cover her more and more each day :)  

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, 
for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with 
my righteous right hand.
For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you. Is 41:10 & 13

No comments:

Post a Comment